Indiana Boat Insurance
Cruise on Hamilton County Lakes with Confidence
Are you an avid boater or just like to escape to the water occasionally? Do you own a boat or a jet ski? Dean Ballenger Agency is here to make sure you have the right coverage when you leave dry land. Spending time on the water here in Indiana is fun and relaxing. From 4th of July fireworks on Morse Lake to a sunset cruise to Wolfie’s, we want you to feel at-ease while enjoying your sun-soaked days. That includes understanding your insurance coverage. Our expert team will put together a plan to protect your family, friends and your watercraft.
Just like owning a car, owning a boat comes with a lot of responsibility. You’re responsible for making sure your boat and the people in it are well protected. Your family and friends trust you to have the right coverage in case of an emergency. Operating a boat or other personal watercraft has a risk of serious injury to other people. There’s also a risk of major damage to other people’s property. And just like car ownership, the risk is yours as the owner.
What coverage do I need?
Coverage options vary between companies and not all of them are the right fit for you. Because we’re an independent agency, we offer you a choice of companies to tailor your policy to fit your needs.
Things to look for in a good boat owner’s policy:
- Total Loss Replacement – Replaces your boat or watercraft with a brand new one.
- Agreed Value – Covers the cost of the boat at a pre-set value for a total loss.
- Property Coverage – Replaces or repairs damage to your boat, boat motors, equipment and trailers. We can set the deductible at a level that meets your needs.
- Liability Coverage – Incomes in Hamilton County tend to be higher than in the rest of the state. Your liability limits should be high enough to cover serious injuries and loss of others’ earnings due to injury from an accident.
- Wreckage Removal Coverage – Removal of the wreckage of a covered watercraft.
- Fishing Equipment Replacement Cost – Pays up to $10,000 for your tackle, rods and reels.
- Personal Effects Replacement Cost– Items including cameras, clothes, cell phones, etc.
- Fuel Spill Liability – Damage caused by an unintentional fuel spill you cause.
- Emergency Towing (on the water) – Can also cover labor costs.
- Medical Payments – Covers minor injuries and co-pays for you and any of your passengers, regardless of fault.
- Uninsured/Underinsured watercraft coverage – Pays for injuries to you and your passengers caused by a boater who has too little or no boat insurance. We’re not all in the same boat when it comes to coverage, so protect yourself from others.
Let us take a close look at your existing policy or help you with a new one as part of our philosophy of stewardship. We’ll keep you safe and secure with an Indiana boat insurance policy. Enjoy your summer on the water!
As your local Hamilton County insurance agency, Dean Ballenger Agency will do our best to make your time on the water worry-free. We specialize in writing Indiana boat insurance policies.
Call us today to get your new Indiana Boat policy or to review your current policy.