What have you been up to over the last month? Many of you have probably found yourself working from home; our team has all been working from home. There has been more time for family dinners, game nights, reading, and so much more. Yeah, we could look at all this with the glass half empty mentality commiserating about all the things that we can’t do right now, but why? We’ve all have some time to enjoy some family special moments. Make memories that we will be able to hold on to for our lifetime and cherish.
Family Fun Ideas
Well, we are all about sharing ideas, but this isn’t a one-way idea-sharing session. We want to see what your family is doing too!
- Find a local park/trails you’ve never explored and go. Add a twist and make a scavenger hunt before you head out to see what you can find: Koteewi Park, Flat Fork Creek Park, Cool Creek Park, MacGregor Park, Hague Road Nature Haven, Ritchey Woods, West Park, Coxhall Gardens, Southeastway Park
- Click here for a NATURE SCAVENGER HUNT
- Family BBQ – try a new marinade, fix something new on the grill then you’ve had before. Oscar Mayer just announced:
- Indy With Kids shared some excellent news about movie nights coming to the Hamilton County Fairgrounds in Noblesville. Keep an eye out for more information, when we see it we will post more information
- This social distancing activity is being offered on Friday nights mid-May and June at the Hamilton County Fairgrounds. Everyone is invited to bring their own carry-out dinner to the fairgrounds at 8 pm for dinner and a movie night. The movies will start at 9 pm. Attendees can tune in on their car radios to hear the movie. Cars will be spaced at least 6 feet apart. Exact dates and movie titles will be announced soon.
- Game Night is always fun, but add a spin to it. Pick your favorite video messaging platform (Zoom, Skype, FaceTime, Duo) and find some friends to play. Then pick your game: family Pictionary, Scattergories, trivia, Headbandz, Battle of the Sexes. Find a virtual game or a board game and tweak it to fit the circumstances. May need to engage some creativity, but that will make it more memorable.
Add to the List
What else can you add? Show us what your family has been up to and share your fun using #familyspecialmoments