It’s May in Indy. Central Indiana is always bustling throughout the month. Don’t let the checkered flag fall without making it to some of these family-friendly events:
Thursday, May 2: 2nd Annual Westfield Prayer Breakfast
- Start your 2019 National Day of Prayer with breakfast and prayer as we pray for Westfield-area public and private schools, families, faculty, and students! All are welcome to attend and participate (including families with children)!
Saturday, May 4: Indy Mini
- There will be thousands of runners flooding the streets of Indianapolis this weekend. Make a sign and cheer them on to kick off the month of May in Indianapolis.
- Sign Ideas: “Your feet hurt because you’re kicking butt.” “SMILE, remember you paid for this!” “Go Random Stranger” “You’re only 1/2 crazy! 13.1” “Pain is weakness leaving the body” “May the course be with you”
Saturday, May 4: Chalk it Up! Chalk Art Contest
- Federal Hill Commons from 1:00-3: 00 pm – The “Chalk it Up!” Sidewalk Chalk Art Contest will highlight the artistic and creative talent of children and bring the community together. The theme of this year’s contest, service to others, helps reinforce the strong, connected community Prevail strives to create.
Sunday, May 5: Cinco de Mayo Events
Friday, May 10: Food Truck Fridays
- Come out to Federal Hill Commons from 11:00am-1:30 pm to check out the line up of delicious food from various Food Trucks. This is one of our favorite summer events!
Sunday, May 12: Mother’s Day Brunch @ Conner Prairie
- You may come just for brunch, or purchase admission and stay for a while. Venture outside and enjoy springtime!
Friday, May 17: Bike to Work Day
Saturday, May 18: Armed Forces Day at the Track
Tuesday, May 21: Talk Like Yoda Day
Friday, May 24: Food Truck Fridays
- Come out to Federal Hill Commons from 11:00am-1:30 pm to check out the line up of delicious food from various Food Trucks. We will be out there again this summer having fun, Red & Fed.
Thursday, May 23: Red Nose Day
- Stop by a local Walgreens to pick up your own Red Nose. It’s a national campaign to raise awareness for child poverty. #rednoseday #noseson
Friday, May 24: Grand Summer Kick-Off
- Come out to Grand Park for: dodgeball, family adventure course, kite flying, and much more.
Saturday, May 25: Indy 500 Parade
Saturday, May 25: Concerts at the Commons
- Looking for fun live music in Noblesville this summer? We have you covered! In its third season at First Merchants Pavilion, this year will include two different free concert series, Concerts at the Commons Tour and Tribute Tour. Shows in each series will take place from 7 to 10 p.m. on Saturday nights.
Sunday, May 26: Indy 500